BitMEX founded in 2014 and most notably known for its cryptocurrency derivatives products has today announced the launch of BitMEX Corporate.
BitMEX Corporate is, as the name implies, BitMEX’s attempt at on boarding large corporate clients going into the future. These corporate clients can range to large financial institutions, to hedge funds, and trading firms.
In an email sent to users BitMEX outlines the benefits to corporate clients of signing up to the scheme:
- Corporate legal structure – Ensuring that accounts are property of the business rather than any individual
- Improved Service – Corporate clients will be assigned with a dedicated relationship manager.
- Improved Security – Clients will be given additional options in terms of account security.
- Increased rate limits on their account
- Incentive Programmes – Access to products incentive schemes, and market maker programs.
BitMEX’s attempt at increasing their corporate client base is a further signal of the increasing trend of both the increasing institutional presence in the cryptocurrency (typically taking the form of financial institutions wanting to trade cryptocurrency derivatives) and the push by cryptocurrency firms to onboard these corporate clients.
It is already known that large trading firms such as Alameda Research and Circle as well as a host of others use the platform. However, this is BitMEX’s attempt at making corporate onboarding easier.
Other popular exchanges such as Binance, FTX, and OKex have similar schemes for business clients.